Working in a fast-moving company committed to people at work, growing in an ever-changing playground of opportunities and evolving with inspiring teams connected by a shared passion. This is the place where #peoplemakethedifferenceRead more →
Work place: Hybrid
Collaboration: Employment contract
Work time: Full Time
Seniority: Team member
Experience: 2-4 years
Updated on: 3 months ago
Vacant from: 18 Apr, 22
Expires on: 16 Aug, 22
Categories: Big Data
Size:101 - 500 employees
Industry:Information Technology and Services
The Edenred Digital Center (EDC) in Bucharest, Romania is Edenred Group's largest Digital hub for strategic Tech projects.
In order to support its growth, Edenred is building a team with skills related to data analysis / intelligence to dig into its information. Thus, we are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join the IT department in Bucharest, Romania.
Job description and key responsibilities
The candidate will be having the lead on the design, development of the data solution that requires skills in Big Data technical stack that is used within Edenred, which are mostly:
· Spark for the processing, based on usage of Databricks clusters & Synapse,
· Parquet and Delta lake for the storage format.
Other processing languages (SQL, M ...) or storage (SQL DB, Cosmo DB …) are used within the department but are not at the hearth of the Big data topic on which Edenred want to reinforce its expertise.
The role of the Big Data Engineer will be to:
· Define, in coordination with the data architect, the guidelines to be applied worldwide in Edenred regarding Big data practices (naming convention, development patterns to put in place, solution to privilege …)
· Provide expertise internally, so that the other team members (5 to 10 Data engineers) can rely on someone being able to peer review and to explain how to improve the code created. As well, in case of problem coming from other OpCo / department using similar solution, the Big Data engineer may act as an expert from time to time.
· Develop the more complex and/or strategy / business critical data pipelines within the projects handle in the data department.
· Support the operational in charge of pipeline supervision, whenever a production issue involving Spark / associated code occurs and need an expertise to be solved.
In term of organization, the Senior Big Data Engineer will not have any direct report and will be in a team of various data profiles : Data Engineers using SQL, Power BI tools, Data DevOps or Data Scientists.
The profile will be under the direct management of a team leader who has the responsibility to ensure that projects et applications are managed in an appropriate manners. Its location is in Edenred Digital Center, Bucharest Romania.
The ideal candidate is a Senior Big Data Engineer that has good knowledge on Spark / Datalake / Big Data storage (parquet, delta lake, Elastic Search, etc.)
Required skills & profile
Candidates will also have to demonstrate:
· Experience on Big data technology (spark) and concept of parallelism of processing using parquet / delta lake.
· Skills in more classical data technology in general is a nice to have (SQL, ADF).
· Good communication skills, listening & understanding, flexibility & teamwork
Additional vacation days
Work from home
Flex time (07:00 - 19:00)
Office perks (ping-pong, juice, gaming spaces ie)
Flexible benefit (budget offered by employer)