Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®...Read more →
Work place: Office centric
Collaboration: Employment contract
Work time: Full Time
Experience: 4-6 years
Updated on: 1 year ago
Vacant from: 03 Nov, 21
Expires on: 25 Dec, 22
Categories: Backend, Fullstack
Size:> 500 employees
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work? Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audience of 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partner with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?
As a Game Balancing Designer, your main responsibility is to make sure the game’s features are paced in a way that engages our players, by understanding how they behave in-game. More specifically, you will:
About Gameloft Bucharest:
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
• You would work in a small agile team where everybody’s inputs are valued;
• The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
• You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
Strong knowledge of basic rules of game design (gameplay, learning curve, creating emotion, difficulty balancing, reward).
· Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both on PC and on smartphones.
· Basic Experience with at least some of the industry-standard editor packages (UDK, Unity).
· Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down into their key variables and identify the relations between them.
· Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games.
· Good econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data;
· Good knowledge of Excel.
· Fluent in English (both written and spoken), concise writing skills.
You can apply with your English or Romanian CV.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our hiring manager, and if he finds it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next, you will take a remote test, followed by a chat with hiring managers and HR. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks, but of course, it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Why join Gameloft?
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Additional vacation days
Remote working (offsite)
Work from home
Flex time (07:00 - 19:00)
Office perks (ping-pong, juice, gaming spaces ie)
Gym & sport subscriptions