This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry’s most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friend...Read more →
Work place: Office centric
Collaboration: Employment contract
Work time: Full Time
Seniority: Individual Contributor
Updated on: 2 days ago
Vacant from: 14 Oct, 21
Expires on: 14 Dec, 21
Categories: Cloud Solutions
Size:> 500 employees
Industry:Information Technology and Services
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership for building (& continuously improve using emerging trends) an engine that may constitute of on-prem and cloud systems, that are robust, well integrated and have world class architecture standards (with all “7-ilities” in place, such as Usability, Maintainability (Flexibility)), Security, Scalability, Portability, Availability (Reliability). The role will work closely with a team of IT Business partner, Network Security, Infrastructure teams & technical experts (solution architects/developers) to create a secure cloud based DevOps CI/CD pipeline and strong yet loosely coupled flow between systems such as, Simulation/workflows on cloud, data lake, CAD/PLM on cloud. The role entails understanding the big picture and delivering the end state of a future oriented system.
1. Create & document high & low level designs/frameworks for all components of parametrized simulation & automation factory
Orchestrate/connect relevant systems to ensure best in class standards are followed, considering 7-ilities, with loosely coupled framework that can be (re)adapted at a later point in time
Own the development & deployment of key architectures such as the engineering data Lake, system integrations, master data management, and data lake consumption scenarios (including ML/AI model automations)
Leverage strong process documentation & hard wired practices to ensure rigor.
2. Establish robust simulation coding quality & scripting re-use standards across all primary vendor products & common tool sets focused on speed to build
Drive deep skills development inside the team to ensure the team builds world class competencies around cloud services, data handing, database management, & automated secure DevOps
3. Proactively ensure the robustness & reliability of all layers of the architecture, rapidly respond to any emerging issues, and lead all actions to close gaps with a robust Root Cause Analysis & Permanent Correct Action mindset
Select & maintain the common & rationalized tool set based on performance, simplicity and emerging trends, while maintaining alignment to the Garrett IT strategies & partnerships
Identify & robustly validate potential benefits of new technology in Garrett use cases
Stay anchored on a four legged stool of: calibrated physics, Data Science, Agile Software Development, & Lean Engineering
Bachelor's OR Masters Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering.
At least 10-12 years of experience in the field of software development lifecycle, software architecture and design
Significant experience (7-9 years) with working on cloud based technologies on cross functional systems, API's and integration frameworks (including micro services)
Hands on experience using Lamba, Step functions and other cloud services/API's from either, AWS, MS Azure, Google cloud, Mulesoft, or SFDC, Webhooks or other related technologies.
• Ability to understand the big picture and come up with platfrom design/recommendation to stitch the same with defining/implementing standards for DevOps and best in class architectural principles
• Ability to investigate and evaluate new tools/technology and provide recommendations to senior management on them. (use of multi-cloud and related services
• Solid Agile/scrum experience in software development. Knowledge of systems development lifecycles.and design fraemworks
• Organized and capable to lead assigned projects independently, including accountability.
• Experience with integration technologies/architecture, REST API, Cloud based API’s, Secure integrations. & microservices
• Ability to lead a team of developers (internal and external), and driving them to deliver with quality and speed.
• Strong problem-solving skills with innovative mindset (leveraging and exploring new technologies.)
• Ability to understand and gather the Voice of Customer and suggest solutions considering usability aspects.
• Proficient in global and multicultural communications.