ING Tech Romania is ING Group's global hub for technology providing over 121 services for 24 ING units globally. These services are arranged in these main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit. Established in 2015, our focus has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING entities. Now, in 2021, our fast-growin...Read more →
Work place: Remote
Collaboration: Employment contract
Work time: Full Time
Seniority: Individual Contributor
Experience: 4-6 years
Updated on: 20 days ago
Expires on: 16 Sep, 21
Categories: Backend, Fullstack, Agile, Java
Size:> 500 employees
Industry:Information Technology and Services
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech Romania is ING’s global hub for technology established in 2015. Focused on building strategic key capabilities, the hub provides approximately 121 services for 24 ING units globally. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance and audit.
Now, in 2021, our fast-growing organization gathers more than 1000 high-performing engineers and non-financial risk & compliance specialists that work together in global tribes.
ING is looking for driven Java Developers, with a focus on quality and test automation, to work on the FX and Money Markets trading platforms.
The in-house built high-performance pricing systems, together with the vendor-built trading, quoting systems, time-series databases and complex event processing engines are key platforms for the real-time low-latency landscape in scope of the growing Financial Markets domain.
ING is using this environment to connect to a large amount of trading exchanges, worldwide to offer the sharpest pricing quotes and executions to our clients. Therefore, these systems are on dedicated infrastructure in special datacenters located in close proximity to the key markets.
With the further digital transformation of pricing and trading, it is an important cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT.
You can be a key asset for ING and an important part of this journey to make it successful with us all.
You work within a multidisciplinary scrum team. Your primary responsibility is guaranteeing the operational stability and availability of our applications at all times.
The range of tasks includes the following:
• Develop new features from scratch and improve existing ones
• Work together with Ops Engineers to build stable services and automate processes
• Do code reviews, write unit tests, make code refactoring and take care of technical debt
• Align directly with the FO users (traders), Customer Journey Experts and Product Owner to understand and capture their issues, concerns, requirements
• You take ownership of issues and improvements, seeing them through to completion, providing comprehensive handover as required.
• You assist with technical specifications for change requests and user stories
• Analyze requirements and define their applicability inside the technical environment
• Help the developers/peers working for other systems to understand the root cause for a problem or existing gap for an enhancement
• Work on technical improvements (automation, monitoring, setting up environments, Azure DevOps pipelines)
• Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems
• Propose opportunities and innovations
As part of a BizDevOps squad, work closely with the Product Owner, business stakeholders and engineers from related teams
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam and London ) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate developers who love to prevent and solve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of the system. Important characteristics:
• Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
• “Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
• A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
• Ability to give and receive professional feedback
• Relentlessly learn and think in solutions
• Able to write clean and secure code
• Understands the functionality behind the code and is able to read and work with new code
• Willing to understand and link the financial products and processes behind the technical components.
• Comfortable using SQL in your daily activities
• You are able to: explain complex issues in a structured way to peers, to share your knowledge with team members and provide assistance where necessary.
• You have a desire to automate and make use of different technologies
• Be able to understand the FM technical architecture and landscape
• Skills to improve performance parameters through monitoring and understanding system resources.
What you bring to the team:
• Self-starter, 3+ years of industry experience in IT (financial software)
• Experience with Windows/Linux
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts. Interactions with tools such as Git, Azure DevOps, Maven
• Experience with working with APIs and developing on top of existing components
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
• An excellent spoken and written command of English
Nice to have:
• Banking/Financial Markets products/processes knowledge (FX Products, FIX protocol)
• Hands-on knowledge of scripting (Python) and monitoring tools (Prometheus, Vertx, Grafana, Elastic Search)
• Experience with running applications in Docker containers
• Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science or Finance (or related degree).
Agile Application Development
Medical benefits for family
Additional vacation days
Remote working (offsite)
Work from home
Flex time (07:00 - 19:00)
Gym & sport subscriptions
Flexible benefit (budget offered by employer)