ING Tech Romania is ING Group's global hub for technology providing over 121 services for 24 ING units globally. These services are arranged in these main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit. Established in 2015, our focus has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING entities. Now, in 2021, our fast-growin...Read more →
Work place: Hybrid
Collaboration: Employment contract
Work time: Full Time
Seniority: Team member
Experience: 4-6 years
Updated on: 5 months ago
Vacant from: 26 Jul, 21
Expires on: 01 Jun, 22
Categories: Backend, Fullstack, Support, Security
Size:> 500 employees
Industry:Information Technology and Services
ING is looking for driven IT DevOps Engineers to work on the multi-asset trading platforms. The in-house built high-performance pricing systems, together with the vendor-built trading, quoting systems, time-series databases and complex event processing engines are key platforms for the real-time low-latency landscape in scope of the growing Financial Markets domain.
ING is using this environment to connect to a large amount of trading exchanges, worldwide to offer the sharpest pricing quotes and executions to our clients. Therefore, these systems are on dedicated infrastructure in special datacenters located in close proximity to the key markets, like Eurex, MTS, etc.
With the further digital transformation of pricing and trading, it is an important cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT. You can be a key asset for ING and an important part of this journey to make it successful with us all.
You work within a multidisciplinary scrum team. Your primary responsibility is guaranteeing the operational stability and availability of our Windows and Linux platforms at all times.
The range of tasks includes the following:
· Patching the production/acceptance/development/test environments.
· Help out ops engineers to fix incidents related to the Windows and Linux platform and any other third-party application which resides on platform.
· Performing High Availability and Disaster Recovery test with support from other IT teams.
· Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup/deploy/rollback)
· Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling using the correct and agreed event alerts
· Implementing the security policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level
· Understanding and monitoring the entire stack’s technology on which the application runs
· Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems related to the environments they are responsible for.
· Taking ownership of IT reliability and security (Operational Control) and risk
· Propose opportunities and innovations
As part of a Platform/Ops squad, work closely with the Product Owner, business stakeholders and engineers from related teams
Occasional travel abroad (Brussel) is required (after the pandemic).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate IT specialists who love to prevent and solve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of the system. Important characteristics:
· Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
· “Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
· A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
· Ability to give and receive professional feedback
· Relentlessly learn and think in solutions
What you bring to the team:
Nice to have:
IT Risk Management
Microsoft SQL Server
Medical benefits for family
Additional vacation days
Remote working (offsite)
Work from home
Flex time (07:00 - 19:00)
Office perks (ping-pong, juice, gaming spaces ie)
Gym & sport subscriptions
Flexible benefit (budget offered by employer)