About the Data Solutions Capital Markets Technology Team
Data Solutions for Capital Markets Technology team provide data solutions for Capital Markets business. The team is comprised of Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW), Business Intelligence and Front-End team, and Application Development (App Dev) team, Solution Architect team and Quality Assurance team. The team works as a collective to design and build valuable data solutions for Capital Markets business.
The CDW Products team is responsible for delivering critical business logic such as billing and regulation requirements and data analytics requirements for BI reporting for the UK Equity, Derivatives Markets, Turquoise (pan-European Equity Markets) and Foreign Exchange.
The team is responsible for providing an AWS cloud-based data factory (Kafka, EMR, Spark and Flink). The cloud data warehouse is snowflake with Matillion as ETL tool.
- is small, focused and Agile – consisting of a Product Manager, in-house developers, support staff, external consultants and QA teams;
- builds upon and maintains local relationships with the Business and other Product teams (UK Equity Trading, Turquoise Trading and Surveillance teams) with regards to Strategy, Vision, Roadmaps, Business Requirements etc;
- progresses the Change Management process for Corporate Data Warehouse (CDW), BI and other applications within Data Solutions team
- helps the QA teams (offshore) to design, build and execute appropriate test suites;
- works with users to train them, coordinating the test and acceptance of the final system solution (UAT);
- gets the technology platform changes deployed into production (working with internal Technology Project Managers and teams who physically handle the environments and perform releases etc);
- 2nd/3rd line production support (issue investigation and analysis, evaluation of priority with business).
- To carry out the following key tasks as Senior Support Analyst within the CDW Development team:
- Report into the Team lead, the Senior Oracle support Analyst main responsibility is to assist the Product Manager / team lead with the design, development and maintenance of the data warehouse reports;
- Work with the Business Analysts, Java Developers, End Users, System level DBAs, Sys Admins and QA teams when appropriate;
- Responsible for delivering technical documents such as Technical Designs, Specifications, Users Guides and Architecture documentation;
- Take shared responsibility for all Oracle SQL and Business Objects support, development administrative work in relation to;
- Equity and Derivatives Data warehouse functionalities (Business Objects & Oracle Server & Snowflake);
- Investigation of errors, alerts and incidents to resolve in a timely manner and produce a root cause analysis and fix;
- Handle the Daily life cycle on the data warehouse, maintain dependencies with other jobs and internal systems;
- Lead changes, work with tool like Jira and ServiceNow to raise changes to production, ensure testing is completed, attend change meetings and deploy changes to production;
- Act as a mentor to more junior team members, support their development and assist in leading the team workload;
- Develop and maintain underlying PL/SQL code on Oracle server or SQL code on Snowflake;
- Develop and maintain data feeds using a mixture of operating system, UNIX Shell scripting and Oracle technology such as SQL Loader, external tables;
- Develop and maintain a good coding standard on PL/SQL code;
- Provide Oracle expertise and support to the team members
- Able to develop and extend database functionality to support current and future business needs;
- Maintain and manage data feeds and work with business users to improve data flow into and out of Oracle;
- Build improvements in existing code and systems to improve efficiencies;
- Be able to understand and develop Java code is a big bonus;
- Provide daily support to business functions.