Capital Markets Shared Technology
The Software Engineering Team Lead is a member of the Agile Team responsible for leading a team of highly skilled, cross-functional software engineers. As a software engineering team lead you will be expected to manage and supervise day to day activities whilst ultimately supporting the team to make sure all targets are met.
- Coordinate and contribute hands-on to the technical work assigned to the team.
- Collaborate with the scrum master, the architects and all the other stakeholders to provide robust planning and execution against the assigned deliverables.
- Contribute to cross-team activities, such as the development of standards and processes, as well as ensuring compliance with these.
- Serve as a primary technical point of contact for the team
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. These include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and other resources required to perform their jobs to the highest degree possible.
- Provide frequent feedback and coaching to the staff in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
- Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvement through innovation.
- Build and promote a positive culture and working environment within the team and the organisation.
- Issuing escalation and validation of plans and progress management
- Contributing to cost and effort estimation as well as support data discovery and analysis
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
- Be accountable for front2back development including DevOps, LSEG PDLC, Security, Stability, Capacity, Resiliency, and Maintainability
- Oversee development and unit testing of the application.
- Sprint planning and attending retrospective call , daily stand-up call for the agile scrum process.
- Review user stories and acceptance criteria with the team
- Collaborate closely with QA team for any test/UAT releases and agree the test plans.
- Follow the release management process
- Providing support for critical production issue.
- Keeping the technical document and the project artefacts up to date.
- Review and optimize the performance of the application on java and database side.