888sparkware (SparkWare technologies) is part of the 888 Group, one of the world’s leading online gaming companies. So in a nutshell, from our super-chic offices in Bucharest, we get to impact our customers all around the world. We are first and foremost great individuals who together, make up strong and professional teams. We achieve our goals together, we share our laughs together, so it kind of feels like a family who will always have your back. With us you are constantly challenged! We e...Read more →
Work place: Remote
Collaboration: Employment contract
Work time: Full Time
Seniority: Individual Contributor
Updated on: 13 days ago
Vacant from: 27 Oct, 21
Expires on: 31 Dec, 21
Categories: Backend, Fullstack
Size:> 500 employees
Industry:Information Technology and Services
888sparkware is looking for a Senior Python Software Developer to join our development team. The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills with a focus on quality, performance, extensibility, and maintainability of code within an agile software development environment.
WHO ARE WE?
888sparkware is part of the 888 Group, a global leader in the online gaming industry for over 20 years. 888 is listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2005. 888 offer an innovative and world-class experience in online games including casino, poker, sports betting, and bingo.
Through innovation, we aspire to give our customers the most compelling and entertaining gaming experience possible. We are bringing the very best in e-Commerce practices to the sportsbook sector.
WHAT WE WANT:
We are looking for a dynamic, skillful, and enthusiastic person to join our Software Development team. Someone who takes ownership of their work is committed to building high quality, extensible code, and who has experience working within an agile software development team is ideal.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
• To design and develop code with performance optimization, extensibility, and maintainability in mind
• Own and drive development tasks that you are involved in, participating and supporting your agile development SCRUM team
• Functionally testing all developed code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Demonstrable experience with Python, MySQL & Linux
• 5+ years experience developing with Python
• Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
• Strong communication skills and fluency in verbal and written English are essential
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
• Experience/understanding of working in an Agile environment
• Experience with asynchronous networking library such as Twisted or Tornado
• Redis or other modern non-relational data storage systems
• Testing. Especially unit testing, test-driven development, and behavior-driven development
• Modern Python web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Django and Python ORM e.g. storm, sqlalchemy